With the current extraordinary situation of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) we want to clarify some of the changes which have come into effect in the nautical industry in The Balearic Islands.
From March 19th new travel restrictions have been put into place which effect all forms of transport including flights, ships and yachts to and from the Balearic Islands (as well as the rest of Spain).
- Prohibition of flights whether commercial or private from any airports in the Balearic Islands
- Prohibition to disembark passenger ships in the port of Palma, Mahon, Cuitadella and Ibiza
- Prohibition of entry from any recreational boat to any port in the Balearic Islands regardless of its origin.
The restrictions will be in place until the state of emergency has ceased or until the government has released new terms.
There are a few exceptions for the above regulations which are as follows:
- The prohibitions do not apply to state aircraft/ships or cargo-only, or any of the following flights/ships: positional, humanitarian aid, medical aid, emergency aid.
- All airlines with scheduled flight during state of emergency from Madrid or Barcelona to Menorca or Ibiza or flights from Madrid, Barceona or Valencia to Palma de Mallorca are authorised to carry out one flight per day.
- All airlines with scheduled flights travelling between Palma de Mallorca and Menorca or Ibiza are authorised to one daily round trip.
- Passenger ships are entitled to 3 trips per day in one direction between Formentera and Ibiza. (The Community of the Balearic Islands are entitled to establish these conditions)
- Passengers who use any of the transport authorised above need to prove the unavoidable need to travel.
- The government may authorise exceptional humanitarian aid, medical care or public interest circumstances to Palma, Alcudia, Mahon, Cuitadella, La Savina or Ibiza ports coming from RORO passenger and passenger ships, who provide a regular line service. As well as the enabling people to disembark from vessels and recreational vessels used for recreational or sports purposes or for charter. Crew and passengers may be authorised to disembark in certain Balearic ports in the event of a medical emergency or public interest.
Balearic Yacht Destination wish you to follow these regulations about COVID-19 in The Balearic Islands and stay safe during this difficult situation.